The grid is intended to be reimagined. You give it purpose and meaning that’s all your own: instrument, experiment, tool, toy… choose your own adventure! Let’s start with some introductory knowledge: potential energy for radical creative freedom.
The following tutorials show how to use different languages and environments to achieve the same goal: a playable step sequencer which interfaces with the grid.
- Max – a highly refined graphical patching environment.
- Arduino – embedded programming to connect grids to external hardware.
- Processing – integrated development environment for visual experimentation.
- Puredata – open-source graphical patching for audio processing.
- SuperCollider – synthesis engine and programming environment.
- Python – general purpose programming language.
- Node.js – web-centric script programming platform.
- libmonome – C
- serialosc.maxpat – Max
- monomehost – Arduino Due
- monome-processing – Processing
- monom – SuperCollider
- monome-grid – node.js
- pymonome – Python