norns shield assembly guide.
- first a quick, printable introduction.
- play is a longer introduction and a great starting point.
- wifi + files describes network connections and file transfers.
- maiden is how to manage projects and import scripts.
- apps showcases the community scripts pre-loaded on norns.
- control + clock walks through integrating norns with other tools.
- scripting has studies, tutorials, and reference material.
- help for deeper device and system troubleshooting.
current version: 210114 (Jan 14 2021)
norns is the result of generous contributions by many people, and the ecosystem continues to evolve. We welcome discussion and code to help further the goal of an open, dynamic instrument creation platform. Check out the github repo. To try out the latest changes to the code, you can read about compiling norns. There’s also a guide on extending norns if you have new functionality you’d like to add.
We’re also always looking for help with documentation, if your skills include design, instruction, or proofreading. Collective efforts have created numerous exceptional projects over the years, and there’s more to a project than just code!
matron (control system) and
crone (audio system) were created by @catfact.
maiden (editor) was created by @ngwese. Each grew with contributions from @artfwo, @jah, @simon, @rv, @pq, @markwheeler, @csboling and many others.
norns was initiated by @tehn (monome).