Dj emulation for the 40h / 64. Using 64 buttons, the user controls 2 decks, a virtual mixer, and several effects.
Created by Bitbasic
Description of program:
The functions of a typical DJ setup have been modeled in Max/MSP, and are controllable using the monome. As well as this, several effects can be used to add more versatility and creativity to a DJ set.
New in v1.2:
- serialosc compatibility
- GUI issues fixed in max5
New in v1.1:
- Resonance added for filters.
- Audio recorder added.
- Turbo-zoom waveform issue fixed [maybe].
- 'Remain time' added.
- Live input added. Testing required.
- External monitoring (deck a op 1+2, deck b op 3+4) added.
- Variable interpolation added for crossfader, faders, and filters.
- Loop toggle added.
- Loader checked and works on my machine. Testing required.
- 'Track search' page added.
- Settings page added.
- Fixed effects page / page change issue.
- DSP options added.
A fairly detailed manual is included with this application. It is strongly advised that this is read in full, otherwise the patch will make very little sense. It requires the user to learn and experiment with the features, and also to develop their skills as a dj.
This patch was designed as it was being built, and was initially part of a learning process. There are still a few bugs, and these need fixing. It has been used to do a couple of gigs, and it has been ok. But, it is definitely not perfect.
The patch will be rebuilt in Max/MSP 5 very soon.